COVID-19 Procedures For A Chimney Sweep
If everybody in your home is well, you can continue to book your Chimney Sweep as normal.
These are extraordinary times, and to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have had to implement some strict procedures.
IMPORTANT! You MUST notify us if you or any person in your household:
• Has Coronavirus (Covid-19)
• Is within the ‘7-day Self-isolation’ or ‘14-day Household isolation’ period
• Appears to have symptoms relating to the virus
• Is isolating because they are in a vulnerable group
To prepare for our visit you must, where possible:
• Open a window at least one hour before the scheduled appointment. The window should also remain open for at least one hour after we have vacated - This will allow the room to be well ventilated
• Remove all objects (ornaments, fuel, etc.) from the hearth area
• Allow a clear, unobstructed passage from the main entrance into your property through to the fireplace area. Move any furniture which is in the way of this route
• Ensure a plug socket (extension lead if necessary) is available next to the hearth area
• Social distancing MUST be respected at all times during the visit. Customers MUST vacate the room for the duration of the appointment
We will also be doing our bit; we will always:
• Wear a FFP3 filter face mask at all times
• Replace our gloves before every appointment
• Sanitise boot covers between each appointment
• Use different floor coverings for each appointment
• Take online payment methods
• Send a digital ‘Certificate of Chimney Sweeping’ via email
If you have any queries or questions call us on 0208 351 7164 or complete our enquiry form here.